for registering for the Footsteps for Flicka Challenge
You’re taking a step towards a brighter future for donkeys who are abused, neglected or abandoned.
Footsteps for Flicka is a walking challenge where every step makes a difference to donkeys in need.
- Walk it, run it or hoof it – you set yourself a daily step target for one month that will challenge you, and get you out and about this summer.
- Take the challenge on your own or get together with friends and take part in a herd.
- Track your steps, share your achievements with our Facebook community and inspire others to sponsor your efforts in support of Flicka’s donkeys.
- Step 1 - Choose your own level of challenge, and make a pledge to walk a set number of footsteps every day for a month.
(We suggest 10,000 steps a day to challenge a person of average fitness. This equates to about 5 miles, and over a month would take you the equivalent of the journey from the donkeys at the Flicka Foundation to the ponies at Exmoor National Park)
- Step 2 – Share what you’re doing with your friends, family and colleagues and get sponsorship. You can set up your individual fundraising page on Just Giving or go old school and download with a sponsorship form.
- Step 3 – Hoof it! Start your Footsteps for Flicka Challenge and keep track of your progress with our step calendar. Join our Facebook Group to share your updates and let us know how you're getting on.
There’s no minimum sponsorship needed to take part. Every penny you raise goes towards rescuing and caring for donkeys in need, so please raise as much as you can - we can't help them without your support.
Need help to hoof it?
Here's some tips for easy ways to increase your footsteps this summer, and make every step count.
- Walk don't drive - leave the car at home and do more journeys on foot.
- Walking the dog? - take the long way round on your daily walks, more fun for the dog and more footsteps for you.
- Lose the lift - take the stairs rather than the lift and watch those steps mount up.
- Scenic stroll - take advantage of the lighter evenings and enjoy a scenic walk.
- Make a walking date with friends or family, get out and about, and walk and talk.
- Hit the shops - whether it's the high street or the shopping centre, a bit of window shopping will buy you more footsteps
- Do it indoors - walk or job on the spot, or on a treadmilll if you have one, means you can still hit your target and not miss your favourite TV show.
Don't forget to share your own tips on the Footsteps for Flicka Facebook group.
Downloads and links
Set up your Fundraising page
Download a sponsorship form
Download a fundraising progress calendar
Join the Facebook Community
Download your Footsteps for Flicka social media badge
Download your halfway social media badge
Download your challenge completed social media badge
Thank you for walking the Footsteps for Flicka Challenge.